Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Keeping Up Appearances

The Bucket (spelled: Bouquet) Residence...The Lady of the house speaking :)

Lately I was in no mood for serious and thoughtful related films. So two days ago I popped in a nearby DVD shop and rented the first two seasons from the TV Series "Keeping Up Appearances". This was probably one of the best things I did this month (or year?). Patricia Routledge starrs her character as Hyacinth to perfection and together with her little candle light suppers and her sister Violet whose house has a swimming pool, sauna and room for a pony, she manages to keep a smile on my face for quite some time of the day. Other characters, including her neighbour Liz and her trembling when it comes to handling fine bone china, Onslow and his laissez-faire attitude, her sisters Daisy and Rose with their obsession with love and passion, make this series one of the best comedies I've ever seen. So far, so good: 5/5

2 comments:

WhiteShadow said...

What about Sheradon! Oh my Sheradon you have forgotten him!

born_to_try said...

If my Sheradon was here, he'd be so appalled!!