Friday, April 21, 2006

Nostalgia

This is a bittersweet longing for things, persons, or situations of the past. It is also what I'm feeling lately when I'm studying. Flashbacks of what was happening in class or in my personal life keep getting at me with each page I turn. Not once or twice did I catch myself smiling sheepishly at the papers in front of me or else I feel the tears trickling down my face. I admit that the 2 years at Junior College were not the best school years I ever had. But when they are over and you realize that another chapter from your life is closed it's inevitable not to have such a sensation. I'm very sensitive these days. However, I always was the type of person that lives with memories from the past. I don't know, but they kind of make you feel more secure and give you courage and prosperity for the future. At the end of the day, it is a fact that you can escape reality by thinking of the past or of the future but you cannot escape your past because what is done is done and there is no turning back. Doing this too often might become dangerous I believe. I personally whish I was not so nostalgic. Sometimes I tend to compare present situations with past ones which is not always sensible since each experience is a new one and you have to live it as it is. So watch your balance please, Ms. Go Bananas!

No comments: