Tuesday, May 30, 2006

When today is not your day

Saturday

13.00pm: PC cannot be switched on. Windows failure or something. Have to buy either a new RAM or a motherboard :-s

15.00pm: cannot watch TV because it seems that satellite codes are being changed every split of a second

21.00pm: the so-longed-for Mongolian meal cannot take place because restaurant is fully booked

21.45pm: at the D'Amici Restaurant. I ordered veal in honey & mustard sauce. Fine, the menu looked good. Food is ready. First bite...the mustard sauce must have gotten lost at some point on the way because there was not the least hint of it on my plate. Cost: LM 5.25. Content: 2 pieces of veal the size of a chickpea, with no vegetables or potatoes. Ideal for: a 3 year old.

A side note on this restaurant: later we got to know that it specializes in Russian cuisine. Now, do you call a restaurant which has a pasta-pizza-grill menu & where you are greeted in French, Russian? Oh god, I think this sense of universalism & global - village thingy is becoming too much powerful, don't you think?

3 comments:

WhiteShadow said...

yes i think so!!

Coemgen said...

time to post somethin, no?

born_to_try said...

I want to apologize for my long absence from the blogosphere. The thing is that my pc broke down all of a sudden and just after I had to depart for Wales for 12 days, without having time to blog. I wish to also inform my large track of followers (lol) that my pc has developed a new technical problem and therefore I might take longer to blog.

Thanks to buxu who allows me to use his more efficient pc!